Monday, September 14, 2015

The Open Road Has Never Looked So Bright...

The open road is Long Island artist Grant Haffner's favourite place to be.
"When I drive I feel completely alive he says.
For a small moment in between this place and that I'm free from reality.
My vehicle and I become a motion of blurred colour, barreling through space and time. I like to keep my window open to listen to the sound that traveling makes, to enjoy the smell of the landscape. Every trip is a new one, not two sunsets are the same. On the road I am part of my painting. I am movement, colour, sound, adventure and emotions.
This is my landscape".
Reminiscent of Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken perhaps...







3 comments:

  1. Dang, the roads here in Texas don't look like the ones you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often life is quite gray. When looking at those pictures it makes you feel you're cruising along fabulous roads and seeing wonderful sights. That's when your heart bursts into technicolor. What an amazing artist to be able to capture that feeling on paper or canvas and communicate it to his audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roadway hasn't looked like that since '68, San Francisco and the "Summer of Love"...

    ReplyDelete